!Welcome!

Think of this as a running commentary of my life!

Friday, February 26, 2010

Great...Now What?

SO TODAY...

I found out something rather interesting.

No I didn't win the lottery, and no the world is not going to end in 2012.

I was sort of eavesdropping. I didn't do it intentionally! I swear!
My fiance and his dad were having a little chat just about things that are making the other unhappy, that sort of thing.
I knew I was a bit of a sore spot for them. I told a little lie and got caught [whoops] but made my amends, but it doesn't go away that easily. I didn't know how they'd react to something that had happened to me, and even though I thought it was good, not everyone would see it that way and I was embarassed that it wasn't the "true" path of success. So I omitted it from conversation and directed it towards other things, well, despite my best efforts they found out.

Anywho, I knew my fiance tends to lose his temper, so I wanted to see how it was going, make sure no punches were gonna get thrown. I took a quick listen and this is what I heard.

My future father-in-law thinks I think he's an asshole, and that I can't look him in the eye.

... [Jaw drop]
excuse me?

I don't think he's an asshole, I think he's a great guy and a good influence on his kids. but the man can be terribly stoic, and I'm awkward sometimes...

... it doesn't mesh well

I like to think of myself as a vacuum [ yes, I suck.. hardy har har!].
I take in how people react, I throw a little bait out there, and if you seem open to some of my humor or ideas, we'll get along like old friends.
I don't really get any response from his dad, he just kind of stares. and the more he stares, the more I get awkward, the more awkward I get, the more he stares, and thinks I think he's an asshole... see the dilemma?

Well I hope someone sets him straight.. as I can't really without indicating that I was eavesdropping [it is the truth], I think he's a great person that I can learn a lot from and would be a fantastic grandpa, I almost think of him as a father figure, someone who can help me fix my car and ask how things work that I really have no clue, [He is an engineer, you know...smarty pants] He looks like he's a hard man and at first the man absolutely terrified me, but now after 3+ years, I know he's a big softy, and cares very deeply for his family, and my fiance is very lucky to have him as a father.

maybe I should try another joke with him? nah! I could see how terribly that would turn out
Yeah don't mind me, I'm just the girl that your son is having sex with... eek!
[AAAWWWWKKKWWWAAAARRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD]

and people say it's hard to face the girl's father!!!!!

[Meep!] What to do????

No comments:

Post a Comment