!Welcome!

Think of this as a running commentary of my life!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pouting Like a Small Child

So today, about 6 hours ago someone had to rope my foot in a lasso and drag my sorry ass to work, kicking and screaming
AAAAAHHHHH NO NO NO NO NO!!! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME DO IT! NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!
[ten distinct scrape marks on the ground lead the trail of where I've been]

I really really really wanted to quit and be done with the whole place.

It shouldn't be called Calgary Co-op Bakery, it should be called (the worst of) High School.

SO... MUCH... DRAMA
(which is usually the same for any workplace)

My shoulders have knots the size of a basketball from the tug-a-war for my loyalty
whiny voice one: I'm right, right?
whiny voice two: No I'm right
OW! Stop ripping me apart!

anywho I went to work, fearing the worst. I said to myself that if anyone gave me crap tonight, I would quit on the spot and walk out that door, waving my middle finger like a blazing banner.

... and then I remembered why I like where I work. It's not the job or the drama, or the pay for that matter (but money is always a good thing)

It's the people.

It's not the people who fight for my affection (although they are usually nice people too), it's the people who have the "I really don't give a shit about your shit" attitude. The people who go to work and have a good time... and still work!

So I treated myself to some nice chai tea and am now watching my new NCIS DVD that I got for valentine's day from my sweetie.

No I do not really believe that this day is a celebration of love, it's just an excuse to buy stuff for my loverboy that he would normally tell me not too.

Valentine's day is not a day of celebrating love... that's everyday!!!

[breaks out into song]

Stop! In the name of love,
until you break my heart...


come on sing with me!
no?
How about...

I'm gonna run to you!
Oh! I'm gonna run to you,
When the feeling's right I'm gonna run all night
I'm gonna run to you


oh wait... isn't that song about an affair?
whatever it's catchy *snaps fingers*
[proceeds to dance like the white girl I am]
...aw shit, not again!

No comments:

Post a Comment