!Welcome!

Think of this as a running commentary of my life!

Sunday, March 11, 2012

In a Virtual Reality Far, Far Away

Hello again to all of you out there.
I need to talk about something I am losing, something precious and have tried avidly but not successfully to keep around.

Time.

And what do I need time for? Well everything in general. Spend time with your loved ones, finish all those things you planned for the day and really should get done, grocery shopping so I or my significant other don't starve to death.

What have I actually spent my time doing?

Being a geek, doing you know, geek stuff.

As of now currently on the docket is Star Wars: the Old Republic. Which is better than chocolate any day (Blasphemy, I know). As a Star Wars Fan Girl, I dove into this game about 3 months ago. I have yet to resurface to our current time frame. Sitting here in the dark with Cheetos in my hair. deep bags under my eyes and legs unshaved (sexy eh? Rawr!)

STAR WARS HAS CONSUMED MY BRAIN.
My phone now autocorrects with the words Sith, Jedi and even Alderaan.
Diving into the game where my hatred of the Jedi is so unnaturally profound.
The hatred already existed prior to game play, but the game certainly solidified it with an intense metal plating like my medium armor that a blacksmith would be jealous of.

PS for any of you SWTOR players out there, If you have not already seen, this is a MUST SEE!!!

UPDATE 1.2, a video giving us a sneak preview of what is to come...

Update Trailer

EEEEEEEEEE I want a TONTON!!! He is SSSOOO cute and tiny!!!!

As a Star wars fanatic, I had to give the game a try, despite my aversion to MMO's, which I know is to be somewhat unfounded on any real reasons as to why, and this game gave that preconception a run for its money.

Although the story is not terrible original, it is effective in keeping me, the player, captivated and care enough about storyline and my companions to actually do something about it. and when generally given decisions in VG's I tend to pick the most interesting sounding one, or whatever is the most ridiculous if I really am in a "blah" mood. This one, I actually thought about what would happen and what my companions would actually think about my decision.s And I had actually possessed a thing called Forethought. Where would this get me, how would it affect my gameplay? As everything I choose to do inadvertently did affect the whole game.

Well since, I am in the middle of aforementioned virtual reality, we will have to wait until I get to the end, see the huge finale, shower and return to social civilization before I can give a final verdict.
but so far...
I give it 5 plastic cheetos out of 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment