!Welcome!

Think of this as a running commentary of my life!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Techno-phobia Say What?

So I found something that is sure to make my life easier. But I have one question...

WHY DIDN'T I DOWNLOAD THIS SOONER????

I recent discovered by my techno-path fiance that I can download the Blogger app on my smart phone. My next thought was:
It probably is only available for the iphone.

Well that blows... As I stare at my android phone. The little green alien smirks at me smugly as there are tons of apps that are not available to me or others who refuse to jump on the Apple Bandwagon.

Just for shits and giggles, I went and searched for it in the android market and I am guessing you figured out my answer since I am posting from said app.

Thinking about how far we've come as a society to how we get our news, I realize that sometimes I am embarrassingly behind. Not only did I JUST get a smart phone, I refused to download anything that did not dial or text. An app to track my cat fluffy when I am not around to cuddle it and cry myself to sleep. No thank you. Is there actually an app for that? ... That would not surprise me.

Not only that. I looked back and realized that a social trendsetter is most definitely not on my horizon or even in my universe. Fictional or not. I simply do not care, and potentially a smidge of phobia of new technology.

Facebook? Oh my goodness I think I was the last person under 30 to get an account.
Twitter? I only got it originally to promote the stylings of my online journal (my blog of course)
Tumbler? Haven't touch that yet... The shivers traveling up and down my spine is from the cold air, really!!!

But I know that when I suck it up and do it, I generally quite enjoy it! I found time wasters on facebook and an anonymous audience to say whatever I feel like...
Nothing to be afraid of, right?

If someone tracks me down and rapes me because of something I've said online... I am becoming a hairy hermit, will move to the mountains and will sacrifice any electronic devices to ancient powers.

Oohhh mighty gods of modern cyber... have pity on my technophobe ass! You are way cooler than the ancient dusty relics I will sacrifice your wondrous blessings to!

No comments:

Post a Comment