!Welcome!

Think of this as a running commentary of my life!

Friday, March 23, 2012

I Spy With My Little Eye

For you cosplayers out there, I have a treat for you...

So this year for the annual Comic convention here at Cow-gary, it is always an interesting topic in our group. What will we do this year. No, we are not discussing which areas to camp out, or a strategy to ensure we see every celebrity guest there. Those have happened already, game plan is always in motion, and it never changes. What changes from year to year is our garb.

we are cosplayers!!! Whoo hoo!!!

Dressing up for Comic-con may seem entirely too nerdy for some of you folks out there, and I know my parents would agree. A twenty something year old dressing up in halloween costumes to go to a comic book convention. They just shake their heads at me and pretend not to listen at our bi-weekly family dinners.

what is the shenanigans this year, you ask?

STEAMPUNK!

Now Nerf steampunk has already had its time to shine, and there is a debate about it going out of style in the geek culture. Although I could be biased, I disagree. The style is already such a lifestyle to certain communities, it was only recently that it became part of the mainstream geek culture. The nerf portion is a new addition and only surfaced recently and before that it was entirely something else.

Steampunk, is a lifestyle. A place for "polite" punks. It is an artform, where anything goes, as long as it looks cool. Mostly, and my main attraction to it, it is a sense of community. A place for people to gather and have fun. I have heard of small festivals in vancouver and some hardcore groups down the states who gather monthly to show their new creations.

I want to be a part of that. So if that means that I am dressing out of style to the comic-con this year. Not only is it a cool looking style, I don't really give a damn. Our group of friends have created their own characters in this charade and I cannot wait to show them to you. http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

COMING SOON CHARACTER BIOS AND PICTURE!!!

Ps. I have a little treat for you. Comic con Bingo!


Link for this awesome game! Gutters

No comments:

Post a Comment