!Welcome!

Think of this as a running commentary of my life!

Monday, March 12, 2012

One of Us, One of Us...Hee hee hee

So despite my best efforts to be an offbeat bride, I have officially had my first wedding nightmare.

To date, I have been successfully been avoiding the screaming tantrums about color palettes, have kept my tears in check and used anger and steely professionalism when a vendor tried to bully me. And still have the determination to be my own wedding planner. I have not worried once if my wedding would be a delight or a drag.

but alas, doubt and worry have sneaked their way into my brain about the one thing I care about the most: my guests. Not even about them showing up, no. But about them having a good time.

In this horrendously girlie dream of mine, my poor little trinidadian grandmother was seated at a table outside the ballroom. She held my hand and told me that this room was beautiful and thanked me for inviting her, while I was crying like an overgrown baby. And it wasn't just her. There were at least 100 people sitting out there eating. And not one of them were mad at me.
I was so chocked up over the fact that they had come all this way to see me and ended up seeing the foyer instead of my grandly decorated ballroom, full of entertainment for them, despite the fact they were dancing and having a jolly time outside of the party.

Ok... Deep breath. Now that I am conscience I realize how silly it is. But still so terribly new that I had no idea what to make of it.

But alas... I hear some mundane checklists calling. Oh you wanna hang out? Sure, lets go to the florist, and check out some beautiful cakes. No you cannot touch....

OH GOD! WHAT HAVE I BECOME!!!

Someone please take me out for ice cream or something.... I really really like ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment