!Welcome!

Think of this as a running commentary of my life!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Just One More!

SO TODAY...

boys and girls...

I must talk about a very important issue: Addiction.

Addiction is a scary thing that makes people do extraordinary things, be it alcohol, drugs, gambling... or buying dice.

For Example:

My dear friend was introduced to the world of dice from some "friends". They said it was cool, and fun. So she said "ok" and bought her first set of dice. Never did the thought cross her mind that one day, she wouldn't be able to stop buying dice.

Soon it came that every Monday on Games Night, Lila [names have been changed to protect the innocent... or maybe just crazy]would have new dice to add to her growing box. Green ones, blue ones, sparkly ones, small ones, big ones. It did not matter, they were new dice. Soon she would do anything for them.

It came a time when I had to step in when my dear friend Lila, was soon hooking on the street corner by Chinook Mall, just for some measly crack change so that she could go back to Sentry Box and buy a couple more. Just a few more, she'd say.

Eventually it came to a time to try the cold turkey approach, I locked her in a cage in my basement for a month, feeding her table scraps and leftovers, or whatever was in my fridge at the time. But somehow, there would be more in her box.
She claimed they multiplied on their own, hmmm... dice sex?

Soon I gave her to the professionals, some company made up of extremely dorky men.

... I haven't seen her since, but every once in a while, I get a a little box in the mail of dice, and I know she's ok.

no seriously people, addiction is a very scary thing and should be handled accordingly. It almost ruined my life, being a spectator to watch the train wreck of a loved one. Please turn it over to the professionals or the tried and true methods. Chances are, even though you love them, by taking matters into your own hands you'll only make it worse, and drive them away.


... PS. VOTE!!! ONLY 8 DAYS LEFT!

No comments:

Post a Comment