!Welcome!

Think of this as a running commentary of my life!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Down the Rabbit Hole

SO TODAY...

I was reflecting on my past adventures that rendered my too busy to write! Forgive me I have been busy in my alternate life, being a corporate slave doing mindless and mundane work that without people like me, would never get done. And then where would Corporate America be?

anywho... I went to go see the new Disney, Tim Burton collaboration, their new Frankenstein, and there was the impending dread of the massacre of a beloved childfhood story. Alice In Wonderland.

I wondered if "Frankenstein" would carry more Disney flair's or Tim Burton's morbid touch. Trith be told ...

[SPOILER ALERT]
...Well I'll try not to spoil it.

anytwho, the battle between talking animals and dead singing corpses ended up with the corpses leaving their rotting entrails all over this piece. IT WAS AWESOME!!!

If you are a purist, then this is not the film for you, as it is the sequel to Alice in Wonderland, when Alice returns to Wonderland. It was awesome.

The film is vaguely sexual, and yet there is a purity, and there seems to hint more morbid back stories to the characters that is written in the original text. The bright characters are darker then they appear, and the dark characters have hints of light. The dis figuration of the Red Queen (played by Helena Boham Carter) is seemless and the 3-D glasses give it the extra oomph that make you realize just how big her head really is.

There! I will leave it at that. I will not spoil it for all the kiddies that haven't seen it.

Anywho... my loser-ish friends and I dressed up, and apparently people thought we were promoting the movie.

I spent the day before sewing 3 costumes, my own and 2 others. I was the red queen, and I made the white hair's tunic, and the hat and tail for the door mouse.

[PICTURES TO FOLLOW SOON!!!!]

anywho... later we went to the pub to wish one of my best friends a happy 20th birthday!
Happy Birthday Jordan Baby
My friend told me that if I took a good picture of her then she would pay for my ticket (she pre ordered all our tickets to Alice in Wonderland), I will be opening a poll to see if you think the picture is nice. Keep in mind, that she apparently (according to her) does not appear in photos well, and always stays in one position, so I have very few angles to work with

(pst... side with me so I don't have to pay for my ticket!!!)
CAUSE YOU LOVE ME!

...love me?

No comments:

Post a Comment